Guess what Chelsea’s costume was?
I tried to talk her into something else–anything else–but she had to have the ‘it’ costume of the year. I didn’t care for how puffy all the Elsa costumes were in the stores (I’m sorry, but Elsa’s dress was not puffy). Instead I used a pattern I had for the bodice and then continues the cut out into an A-line. The fabric is a little too dark, but it was covered in sparkles, so Chelsea had to have it.
I started this dress at about 8:30 the night before she needed it and finished at 10:30. I would have made these changes if I’d had the time: I would have used a sheer fabric for the shoulders of the bodice and made a modest sweetheart neckline with the satin, and I would have added the long sheer sleeves. I would have also made some translucent snowflakes and appliqued them to the dress.
Oh well, you can’t have everything. I guess I should let it go…
Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.