Happy March, everyone! It’s almost spring!
First of all, I wanted to let you know I’ve been using the deer tallow in soap! It’s incredible. I’ve swapped it out for the palm oil in my favorite recipe and adjusted the lye content. It makes a great bar of soap.
I will be making a hot-process batch later today (we’re out again), and I promise I will be taking pictures. I know I haven’t posted as much as I used to, and I am sorry. I’ve found that it takes a lot more time and focus to edit and prepare a book for print than it does to write the first draft. Pippa of Lauramore will be released April 24th, and I am buried in details–in a good way. But with homeschooling my kiddos at the same time, there isn’t a lot of time left for crafting.
Most of all, I miss sewing. Things should settle down toward the end of April, and I plan to dive into my craft to-do list.
Here’s a few things I hope to tackle in the next few months:
1. Pippa of Lauramore Inspired Recipe – I’ve mentioned a soap in my book (I’m obsessed with soaping, I know), and I will be creating that recipe to share with you! It will be a blend of masculine, earthy, woodsy essential oils.
2. Summer Dresses for Chelsea – The girl needs them. The ones she has are short. Way short.
3. Dragon Quilt for Weston – I still haven’t done this! Horrible, I know. I will get it finished.
4. Family Quilt – I need to machine quilt a very large family blanket my mother-in-law made my husband’s grandmother. I’m afraid I’ve been putting this off because it is so large, and I have no idea where I’m going to do this.
5. Sugar/Salt Scrubs – Spring is coming, and it will be time to exfoliate that dry winter skin!
6. Vegetable Garden? I don’t know if this is happening this year. We’ll see. I might just focus on some hardy herbs and call it good.
Have a great day! I’ll be posting that soap recipe tomorrow!