Good morning! Since last Friday (which is when I really started watching my meals), I’ve lost three pounds! I’m very excited about this because lately it seems like it’s been difficult for me to make any progress. Of course, I haven’t tried very hard in the last few months, either.
If you glance at my food choices, they look high in fat and grains for someone who is trying to lose weight, but the key choosing real fats (no margarine or soybean oil type blends) and whole grains. The combination keeps me full and gives me tons of energy. I’ve been feeling so much better in the last few days. I try to stick to one tablespoon of fat per meal and be careful of grain portions. It’s very easy for me to eat two to three pieces of toast in the morning if I’m not careful, and that’s bad.
That said, yesterday was a weird day for meals. We had to go grocery shopping in the morning, so breakfast was more of a snack. It was oddly lasting, however. The rest of the day went well, but it did get tricky in the evening. Our family goes to Pizza Hut on Wednesdays, and that was a challenge. I ordered the salad bar meal, but it ended up coming with the option of cream of potato soup or broccoli cheddar. I was hoping for something more along the lines of vegetable. I ordered the broccoli cheddar, but I only ate a few bites. It was a little too cheesy, and dairy still doesn’t like me. I only ate one breadstick–but since they aren’t whole grain, I shouldn’t have at all. Next time I’ll be more prepared.
- Breakfast: Handful of trail mix (on the way to the grocery store)
- Snack: 1 small apple and coffee with steamed milk and 2 tsp unrefined sugar
- Lunch: 1/2 large chicken breast, 1/2 baked potato with 1 tbsp butter, 2 cups steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
- Snack: Salad with 1/3 large chicken breast and red wine vinegar
- Dinner: Pizza Hut salad bar (I chose the lettuce blend, baby carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, tomatoes, lots of chopped hardboiled eggs, and a drizzle of ranch dressing. I had been hoping to use a vinegarette, but that wasn’t an option here. I also had several bites of the broccoli cheddar soup and 1 breadstick.
- Dessert: (Also from the salad bar) Approx. 1 cup of peaches and 1/4 chocolate pudding.