Shari L. Tapscott writes young adult fantasy and humorous contemporary fiction. When she’s not writing or reading, she enjoys gardening, making soap, and pretending she can sing.
She loves white chocolate mochas, furry animals, spending time with her family, and characters who refuse to behave.
Tapscott lives in western Colorado with her husband, son, daughter, and two very spoiled Saint Bernards.
(Let’s do this in bullet points, shall we?)
- Writing makes me ridiculously happy.
- Orange soap is my favorite. (It’s just so cheerful, don’t you think?)
- I’m a homeschool mom. Watching my kids learn and grow is the most amazing thing.
- I really do have two Saint Bernards. (Yes, they do drool. Yes, they are huge. Yes, they steal food off the table. No, I don’t have a saddle. No, they don’t wear tiny whiskey barrels on their collars. Yes, they are pretty much exactly like Beethoven.)
- My love of gardening came from my grandma. Some of my first memories are the two of us pulling carrots and picking tomatoes in her garden. I miss her.
- I’m native to Colorado, and I love it here. We hike, camp, fish…all that good stuff. Except ski. Because skiing is evil.